Have you ever let a bunch of bananas go really ripe and say to yourself,”I’m going to make me some banana bread!?” and then your husband says, “YEAH, RIGHT! I’ll believe that when I see it!” Well, my hubby has been saying that to me everytime I say this in our kitchen! Normally, Augie LOVES LOVES LOVES himself some nanas. But, lately, he just pushes them away when I offer them to him at breakfast! So, here goes my first real try at some banana bread! But, really I was so confident.. found a really great recipe from the food network and as you can see, everything was going well…. and of course when I went to cut into the bread, it was like banana pudding in the center! SERIOUSLY! It didn’t bake long enough so you can see by the end photos how the banana bread went “BAD” The edges were cooked so those were devored immediately because, despite the center, this RECIPE IS GOOOOD!! haha so here is my attempt!! ENJOY!
1.Get Your Dry Ingredients together! Flower, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Salt!
2. Have one trusty dusty helper…please note(she only lasted a few steps.. there was a very important movie playing in the living room involving puppies.. that was waaay more important than quality bonding time with Auntie!)3. Sift Dry ingredients together! Annie Wonka was very very excited to help with this part! She is so fun! love you, Annie!4. Sift, Sift, Sift!
4.mmmmmmmmmm. PURE SUGAR!! hmm.. kind of like me, right?? lol Put this in a seperate bowl with 2 eggs and GET READY to Beat the Mixture until light and fluffy! The recipe said with a whisk for 10 minutes! I was like,”yeah, right, recipe!” I got out the hand mixer! HAHAMUCH BETTER!! WAY FASTER and I really like this picture! It is too fun!
5. Drizzle in The Oil! I actually didn’t have the full 1/2 cup that the recipe called for, so i used half APPLESAUCE as well!
6. GET OUT THOSE RIPE BANANAS and GET EXCITED! If you have little ones, this is an extra special fun task to give them to try! Who wouldn’t want to mash bananas! On a cooking show once, I saw the baker take the nanas and put them in a big big plastic zip top bag and mash them that way by hand! I just used my pampered chef potatoe masher thing!Annie did a great job!YUMMMMM……………….Mashed Bananas! If Archie was home, I would have given him a taste!
7. Add a Bit of Vanilla! 8. Add your Mashed Bananas to the Eggs/Liquid mixture…
9.My Favorite part…SOUR CREAM! Added creamy texture!
10. lastly, gently fold in dry ingredients and pour into your bread pan! MY MISTAKE… I believe One of the reasons I messed up was because I poured too much in. I think you should pour to 3/4 of the way full to the top!
11. Of course, it looks yummy but after viewing my mom’s banana bread tonight, this looks bad. The Top should be risen and puffy and of course the center SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE PUDDING! Better lucky Next Time I guess!
Banana Bread After math!
HERE’S THE LINK TO THE FULL RECIPE!! I’m sure you can all do better than I did! It actually was very very good! It would’ve been better COOKED!Thank you for visiting!